Marathon Musings - Week 4/16

Monday – Session 1: 40 min easy run
Tuesday – Rest 
Wednesday – Session 2: 5 min walk, 45 min easy run, 5 min walk
Thursday – Circuits 
Friday – Gym
Saturday – Session 3: 10 min walk, 20 min easy run, 10 min walk, 15 min easy run, 10 min walk
Sunday – REST!

What a brilliant first run of the week! It was pouring with rain but I loved it! I'm using this training as an excuse to explore areas I've never been to before, so went to a local park. However, of course I had no idea where I was going really and it was a bit of a trail/ mud run - my favourite type of runs! And to think I nearly went to the gym to do the session on the treadmill! However, not so good when I got back to work totally soggy! Only 4 miles, so not my fastest run but the most fun! Anyway, I'm still on "easy run" stage - so it's not meant to be fast! 

I did intend to go to the gym on Tuesday but the bad neck I felt on Saturday was bothering me, so I opted for an extra rest day! 

Neck was still hurting Wednesday but I didn't want to skip another session so I made myself go out. Again I picked another area I had never been to - some gardens up from the beach - although actually it wasn't as long as I thought so I did have to quickly re-plan! Ended up throwing a couple of hills in to make my run that bit harder, as I know getting over the fear of hills is half the battle and it's good to add them into the plan.  


I feel very luck that I can run along here on my lunch break!

So after having a spell of good runs and feeling fairly confident, Saturday's "long" run (7.7 miles) put at end to that!!! The first three miles were spent fighting the negative thoughts - which to be honest, probably started before I got out the door as a bad night's sleep meant I was looking for a reason not to go. Pleased with myself that I kept fighting and actually the second half after the walking interlude (as per the plan) felt pretty good and were a fair bit quicker! 

Comments