Best Me Motivation Month - Week 2 & 3

A bit late writing - oops! However, I started week 2 really excited about getting back into exercise, with the focus being on what I could do rather than what I couldn't and just generally being a bit more active! 

WEEK 2

Cardio 
Wow this workout was tough! It was 3 pyramids - legs, upper body and core, and my word even without doing the tuck jumps my legs were dead by the end! I normally really hate doing core workouts but really enjoyed this one - maybe because it was only a mini circuit within the whole workout. I followed this by a beach clean with Tally's fellow GirlGainer, Zanna, and then the Week 2 challenge (see more below) - oh my god, the next day my hamstrings were so tight!

Challenge 
This week's challenge was to go for a run or walk to a local beauty spot. Obviously I couldn't run it, so I went for a lovely walk along the beach with two friends. In all honesty it was a very leisurely walk, but it's still being active and getting outside, so I say it counts! And after the workout and beach clean earlier that day I was very pleased that it was a casual walk rather than a power walk!


Resistance
I'm not a member of a gym and only have limited equipment at home, so although this workout called for two different weights (heavy and lighter), I had to make do with one set. These were definitely too light to properly challenge me, however at the moment I'm more concerned with feeling active than necessarily kicking my own butt (that isn't to say I haven't worked hard!) 

As an added bonus I also went swimming again this week and managed to get one more length than the previous week! 

WEEK 3

Challenge
A friend texted me and asked if I wanted to join her for a new "low impact" class - well that was ideal for this week's challenge which was to buddy up! The class we went to was ZUU - which I bloody loved, although it really showed up how much my fitness levels have dropped! It's all about "agility, flexibility, endurance and pure strength" using body weight exercises. Bad news is - although it was fairly low impact, it definitely aggravated my ankle injury so I will have to wait for it to settle down before I can go back again! 

Cardio
This weeks cardio was a chair workout - so I used a box in the garden, meaning my neighbours probably kept seeing my head bob up and down! Slow elevated mountain climbers was a new one for me (feet on the chair/box and hands on the ground) - oh my word, they work your core! I love that the cardio workouts are on YouTube as it definitely pushes me more - like having an instructor in front of you! 


Resistance
Again I didn't have the right equipment for this workout so had to make do - i.e. it was a kettlebell only workout, only I don't have a kettlebell! Dumb bell it was then! I did struggle with my form slightly on this one, as I wasn't familiar with some of the moves and could feel it in my lower back (tell-tell sign of poor form). So I took it slowly to try and work on form rather than "smashing out the reps"! What I probably should have done is stopped and re-watched the helpful demo clips that were on Instagram - lesson learnt for next time! 

Finished the week with my ankle feeling a bit more niggly than I would have like, as was just starting to feel like I was getting somewhere with it! Grr!!!

Comments