Marathon musings - Week 2/16

Monday – Session 1: 10 min walk, 10 min easy run x2
Tuesday – Gym
Wednesday – Session 2: 10 min walk, 30 min easy run, 10 min walk
Thursday – Unintentional rest day
Friday – Gym class - TABATA
Saturday – Session 3: 10 min walk, 20 min easy run, 10 min walk, 15 min easy run, 10 min walk
Sunday – REST!

I started the week with a run near my parents house as I was off work and going there anyway and decided variety is probably going to get important. I wasn't too apprehensive about this run going into it as it was only very short runs followed by walks. I managed just over 3 miles in slightly drizzly weather - but later that day it absolutely chucked it down so I was pleased to have got it done earlier! 

The second run of the week I thought would be completed on a treadmill as Tuesday was awful rain and wind - I'll deal with rain, but given how strong the winds were I'm not sure I'd have moved! However, it was actually a beautiful sunny day, although I did underestimate how strong the wind was still! I ran down the seafront and decided to run the first half with the wind behind me - I am finding the second half of the run easier at the moment, as struggling with confidence in my ability - so I figured the second half would mentally be easier. Wow those winds were strong though and I did have to talk myself out of walking early! But I stuck to the plan and managed just over 4 miles! 



Thursday my pilates session wasn't on but I had planned to go to circuits, however it was cancelled last minute due to more horrendous rain! So I set my timer for 45 minutes and just stretched from top to bottom! I did similar on Sunday for an hour - but I'm getting ahead of myself! 

Friday I tried a different gym class (Tuesday I just did my own thing) - it was a tabata class and it was tough but felt good to work hard after having an unintended rest day! I enjoyed it though until I got up on Saturday and my glutes shouted their dislike at me!!! Of course, I then had my "long" run to do!

I had planned to head in one direction but changed my mind after leaving the house - I swear water calls out to me, as I ran by the harbour instead of through the woods. I am struggling to plan routes that aren't out and back at the moment as not really sure of the distance I'll cover but hopefully I'll get better at that! So it was a bit of backwards and forwards but it was beautiful and chilly! 5 miles covered and generally not as tough as I expected, although I did instantly start to seize up when I stopped - good thing was it made me do a post-run stretch! 

Heading into week three feeling slightly more confident! 

Comments